ScreenCraft Spring 2018 Film Fund open for applications by Ricardo January 03, 2018 0 Opportunities
February 1st, 2018
For more informations:
- Updated: the two annual application periods are as follows:
- Spring Funding Cycle opening January 1, with a Spring Early Deadline of February 1 and a final deadline of June 30.
- Fall Funding Cycle opening July 5, with a Fall Early Deadline of August 1, a Regular Deadline of November 1st and a final deadline of December 1st.
- Grants will range in size from $10,000 to $30,000 per project. Grant amount will be determined by the jury consisting of executives from ScreenCraft and BondIt.
- Applications are accepted via electronic submission only.
- Application admin fee for each project is $35 before the early deadline of each cycle, then $45 until the regular deadline, and then $55 until the late / final deadline of each cycle. Student price (with an active school email address) is $25 before the early deadlines, $35 until the regular deadlines, and then $45 until the late / final deadlines of each cycle.
- Application must include a screenplay and a project vision statement from the writer or director. You are welcome to include any and all relevant links to prior work in the cover letter.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Applications must be received on or before the deadlines and application fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission.
- All application fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the author or owner of the material. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- Recipient(s) of each funding cycle will be announced and notified approximately 6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Grant funding is conditional upon selected recipient going into production on selected project within twelve (12) months of when the grant was awarded. Failure to do so will nullify the grant.
- We welcome international applicants. All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
- If an applicant is younger than 18 years old, a verifiable parental consent form must also be submitted with application.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this production grant program.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay must be owned and submitted by the writer or owner.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or director or the work is in the public domain.
- Screenplays must be in generally accepted industry-standard formatting as a PDF file. Any popular software may be used for formatting, such as Final Draft, WriterDuet, Celtx or Fade In.
- Documentaries (shorts, series and features) will be considered and instead of a screenplay, a PDF letter or presentation about the project will be accepted, which may also include hyperlinks to video footage (YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.