The Bienal Fotografia do Porto will nominate 5 emerging photographic artists living in Portugal to join the European community FUTURES in 2023. The selected artists will enjoy an international exchange through a network of institutions, curators, artists and audiences, enhancing visibility and new professional opportunities. The Bienal Fotografia do Porto is one of the 18 members of FUTURES.
During the year 2023, the 5 selected artists will have access to:
– Fee of 500€;
– Tutorial support opportunity by a FUTURES member (up to 3 sessions);
– Travel and accommodation to attend FUTURES Annual Event in Budapest, October 2023, which includes portfolio presentations to FUTURES member representatives, workshops, etc;
– Access to a series of workshops and masterclasses guided by Magnum — FUTURES Magnum Creative Workshop;
– Publication of portfolio, text and biography on FUTURES website and social networks;
– Publication of a selection of images, text and biography in FUTURES’ annual catalog;
– Opportunity to apply for a traveling exhibition of FUTURES 2023 artists.
Applications are open until the 21st of January, and can be submitted through this online form: