23h00, January 31st, 2020
For more information
Call for applications for the 2020 edition
In accordance to clause 6 of the Cinemateca Portuguesa-Museu do Cinema’s Short-Term Grant Program Regulations this call of applications is published for the 2020 edition, determining that:
1. Applications must be sent to the e-mail email@example.com until 23:00 of January 31, 2020.
2. Each application must include: the application form (attached; mandatory); the applicant’s CV (mandatory); detailed description of the research project (mandatory); proof of affiliation to the applicant’s university or research centre (mandatory); letters of reference considered to be interest for the evaluation of the application (optional).
3. The jury that will evaluate the applications is formed by Teresa Borges and Tiago Baptista (representative of CPMC) and Paulo Cunha (researcher appointed by CPMC).
4. The priority research topics for the 2020 grants are:
- Experimental and artists cinema;
- Colonial cinema;
- Soviet cinema distributed in Portugal;
- History of small gauge cinema in Portugal;
- Monographic studies about film periodicals;
- Graphic design in Portuguese cinema (posters, film credits, book and periodicals, advertising and promotion materials);
- Archive documents of censored lectures about cinema (JUBA, ciné-clubs).
5. The calendar for the 2020 program is the following:
- Deadline for receiving applications: 31st January 2020, 23:00.
- Deadline for the publication of the evaluation list: February 17, 2020.
- Candidates’ hearing (written comments to the evaluation list): 10 days starting from the date of reception of the evaluation list.
- Final decision about the attribution of the grants: March 30, 2020.
- Start date for the research projects: 20th April 2020 onwards.
6. This announcement does not replace the reading of the full Regulations.