Deadline: February 24th, 2017
For more informations: email@example.com
Afroeuropeans: Black Cultures and Identities in Europe
Sixth biennial network conference, University of Tampere, Finland, 6 – 8 July 2017
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE-SUBMISSIONS IS 24 FEBRUARY 2017
The scientific committee of the 6th Afroeuropeans: Black Cultures and Identities in Europe network conference has now accepted over 30 sessions that explore the multidisciplinary nature of the scholarship and create dialogue between academics, activists and artists from around the world. Titles and descriptions of the accepted sessions and instructions for submissions can be found on the conference website http://www.uta.fi/yky/en/6thafroeuropeans/callforpapers.html . Proposals that do not directly deal with the topics of the accepted sessions can be submitted under the category “Other” on the electronic form.
African European Studies and Black European Studies explore social spaces and cultural practices that are characterized by a series of contemporary and historical overlaps between Africa, the African diasporas, and Europe. The sixth biennial network conference, organized by the University of Tampere and the international Afroeuropeans – Black Cultures and Identities in Europe research network, aims to contribute to the existing scholarship in Europe with a view to establish it more firmly in its several disciplinary locations. The general theme of the Afroeuropeans 2017 conference is African diaspora and European cultural heritage. The confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Professor Paul Gilroy, American and English Literature, King’s College London
- Professor Elisa Joy White, African American and African Studies, University of California at Davis and Vice President, Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (ASWAD)
- Dr. Henry Mainsah, The Oslo School of Architecture and Design
- LL.M Domenica Ghidei Biidu, Member of European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- Jani Toivola, Member of the Finnish Parliament
For more information on the conference programme and the cultural programme organized together with our collaborators, please visit the conference website https://www.uta.fi/yky/en/6thafroeuropeans/index_en.html .
For inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org